Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2
A stir fry is an easy way to throw together some leftover for a simple meal. I had some steamed broccoli and brown rice on hand so I decided to throw them together with some cayenne and paprika.
- 8 oz Shiitake mushroom, sliced, stems removed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 medium brown onion, sliced
- salt to taste
- dash cayenne pepper
- Start by sauteing onions. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until tender. Season with salt and cayenne.
- If you haven’t steamed your broccoli yet, transfer onion/mushroom mix in bowl and cook broccoli in the same pan. Add just enough water for the broccoli to absorb and cover. Let steam for a couple of minutes.
- Add onion/mushroom mixture to broccoli and stir well.
- Add brown rice, stir and voila!