This book, The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse outlines that the majority of human illness is due to a congested liver. You’ve heard of people participating in detox programs which are all to help clean out the liver. Andreas Moritz goes on to explain the intricate highway of blood vessel networks in all of the body’s systems that rely on the liver. Because of our poor diets and due to the fact that the liver is overburdened by the massive load of toxins bombarding our systems, bile salts accumulates in the liver, hindering complete digestion of fats in the intestines and eventually become what is commonly known as gallstones.
Gallstones in the liver is attributed to being the sparks to poor digestion, blood and lymph congestion, respiratory conditions, urinary tract blockages, cardiovascular disease, tumor growth, pancreatitis, arthritis, kidney failure, skin problems, reproductive issue and many many other conditions.
****The procedure recommended in this cleanse releases these stones blocking us from our best health. The cleanse should not be done before you consult your healthcare professional and before preparing yourself for at least 2 weeks, longer if you normally drink alcohol, caffeine, eat processed foods, etc. To download the complete instructions with some of my additions and changes, click here. If you dare to take upon the cleanse yourself, please read this instruction list and follow completely. The below is just an overview of the procedure from the text:
The Cleanse Bullet Points.
Days 1 – 5:
- Drink 32oz of organic unfiltered apple juice throughout the day without meals
- AM: Drink all your apple juice in the morning
- Breakfast: Eat a light breakfast: oatmeal; bowl of fruit, etc. No oils. No sweeteners.
- Lunch: Eat steamed veggies with basmati rice with lemon juice and sea salt only.
- After 1:30: Do not eat or drink anything except water
- 6:00 pm: Drink 1 tbsp Epsom Salts in 6 oz water (add lemon if necessary)
- 8:00 pm: Drink 1 tbsp Epsom Salts in 6 oz water (add lemon if necessary)
- 9:45pm: Mix 4 oz Organic Olive Oil with 4oz Organic Grapefruit Juice (best if squeezed yourself) in a jar with a lid. Get ready for bed.
- 10:00pm: Stand next to your bed and shake the mixture vigorously. Drink and lay down immediately. Lie perfectly still for 20 minutes
- Upon waking after 6 am: Drink 1 tbsp Epsom Salts in 6 oz water (add lemon if
- 2 hours later: Drink 1 tbsp Epsom Salts in 6 oz water (add lemon if
- 2 hours after that: you can start eating a bit – start with fresh fruit or vegetable juice. Increase solid foods slowly.
*** Important Highlights***
Do everyone have gallstones?
Of the many people I’ve administered this cleanse to, every single one reported massive release of stones. Some indications covered in the book include but aren’t limited to:
- Spots on the skin, especially on the forehead/ temples
- Dark spots on lips
- Vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows are liver lines
- Pimples or hair growth between eyebrows
- Horizontal wrinkles across bridge of nose indiccates pancreas weakness
- Yellow coloration of skin in the face indicates poor bile functions
- Yellow color of the feet
- Yellow, black, gray or pale coloration under eye
- Hair loss in central region of head
- Red nose
- Panic attacks&Arrhythmia
- Redness in whites of eye or white cloud covering pupil of eye
- Puffy eyes
- Bad breath
- Swollen lips, gums/ bleeding gums
- Mucus accumulation in throat and mouth
- Vertical, horizontal ridges on fingernails
- White spots on fingernails
What causes gallstones?
Did you know that 1/10 people in the US has gallstones? And every year
500,000 undergo gallbladder surgery. Gallstones are constituted mainly of cholesterol with bilirubin (what makes it green) and a number of other organic, fatty materials. The purpose of bile with water is to emulsify and help digest fats, including cholesterol but a diet with too much fat can lead to cholesterol build up in the bile causing incomplete fat digestion and gallstone formation. Lack of water will decrease the fluidity of bile causing stone formation.
It always starts off small, like anything else. A slightly elevated bilirubin (a waste product) combined with small cholesterol clots start clogging the bile canals and decreases bile synthesis and flow. They clump up with each other congesting the liver. This mean less fat digestion and the stones start getting even bigger and because the liver is continually making more bile, some may spill over into the blood causing yellow or gray pigmentation in the skin, liver spots and blemishes.
A call to action:
- Do not overeat! It is one of the WORST habits to maintain. Make sure you eat breakfast and then every 4 hours so that you’re not starving by the time you actually can eat.
- Eat nutrition-packed meals. Did you know that malnutrition ALWAYS precedes obesity? Even if you’re
eating 3000 calories a day, if you’re not getting the nutrients your
body requires to function, your brain will send signals to keep eating.
- Try not to eat after 8pm. 7 if possible. Your digestive organs are sleeping in these hours of the night and it is incredibly difficult to digest foods, not to mention a heavy meal late at night.
- Protein protein protein! Our culture overeats animal products. Unless you are a lumberjack, there is no reason you need a lot of animal protein. Eat whole veggies as the staple of your diet and you shouldn’t need meat, especially red meat, more than 1-2 times a week.
- Get enough purified water and unheated unrefined sea salt. Salt and water are the basis of equilibrium in our bodies and we must get enough of these vital nutrients. Don’t drink tap and make sure your salt is UNHEATED.
- Drugs are really stressful to your liver. Re-asses if you’re medications are really helping you get better. Contraceptives and HRT are also drugs.
- Sleep! Yes. You need to sleep!
- In Chinese medicine, when a person is overly irritable and angry, it is said that the liver is unbalanced, congested or infected. Similarly, when you get angry, the liver is most affected. Make sure your relationships at home and at work are healthy.
Do this liver flush 1 – 2 times a year after you’ve reached a point where not many stones are released to maintain clean bile canals.