Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4
An easy dessert you can pop into the oven at the beginning of a meal, this apple would make a great end to a night entertaining guests or an laid-back evening at home.
- 4 medium apples (any variety)
- 8 tbsp dried currant, cranberries or raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp agave nectar, divided
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- approx 1/4 cup water or nut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix 1 tsp agave, cinnamon and currant or raisin in a bowl.
- Core apples and fill the center of each with the above mixture.
- Bake apples for about 45 minutes.
- Blend cashews, vanilla and remaining agave until smooth, adding water or nut milk as necessary.
- Spoon over hot apples and serve immediately.