Prep Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
I love chilled summer soups that are filling yet refreshing. I happened to have most of the ingredients required to make Healthy Bitch Daily’s awesome recipe of this soup and it was yummy! Stay cool and fed as the temperature starts to creep!
- 4 Persian cucumbers, peeled
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 green onions, chopped, green and white parts separated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cold unsweetened cashew or
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pink salt and Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, (optional, for garnish)
In a food processor or blender, combine the cucumbers, avocados, white part of green onions, lemon juice, water, almond milk and garlic. Pureé until creamy. Add the dill, parsley, salt and pepper, and pulse until well combined. If the soup is too thick, add more water until desired consistency. Pour soup into a large bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.Garnish each serving with the pine nuts and chopped green onions.