Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4
I decided to give Arora Creations' Spice Mixes a try and decided to cook tikka masala... how can you go wrong, right? I used 1.35 lbs of chicken instead of 2 lbs so I only used 2/3 of the package. I cut the olive oil to 1/4 of a cup but used the whole 8 oz can of tomato sauce.
It was fairly simply, minus my many tears from chopping the onions. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of ginger! I decided to grate the ginger instead of chopping it so that took a bit of elbow grease even with my friend, the microplane grater. It was quite spicy, I'd say a 3 on a scale of 1-5 for curry but my fellow taster (huh hum.... the hubbs) didn't break a sweat at all!Ingredients:
- 2/3 package Arora Creations' Chicken Tikka Spice Mix
- 1.35lbs Chicken Breast (about 2 breasts), cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 1/3 cup grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
(I followed the package instructions!)
- Heat oil on saucepan and sautee onions, ginger and garlic until tender
- Add seasoning and coat well.
- Add tomato sauce and cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir to mix evenly. Cook for a 8-10 minutes, turning chicken.
- Add water, cover and cook for another 8-10 mintues.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro.