Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 3+ hours
I have been using this ginger tea recipe every winter for the last 10 years and it has never failed. Ginger, with its warming and immune boosting properties, combined with sage and thyme, work to keep your body in tip top shape to fight off the bugs of the season. Ginger is also restorative for the stomach which tends to weaken when cold. Tonify and support the stomach with this yummy tea!
I cook my ginger tea plain, with herbs or with my mom’s recipe, adding cinnamon and jujubes.
- Large piece of ginger – about hand-sized
- 1 sprig thyme (optional)
- 1 leaf sage (optional)
- 2 sticks cinnamon (optional)
- 10 dried jujubes (optional)
- wild unheated raw honey
- Place a large pot of water on the stove.
- Scrub ginger well and slice thinly
- Add ginger and herbs OR cinnamon and dates to water and let boil for about 30-60 mins
- Bring down to a simmer and cook for another hour or two OR transfer into crock pot and let cook overnight
- Replace any water that has evaporated.
- Serve a ladle full with juice of half a lemon and a tsp of raw honey (try our raw canadian honey!)