Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Serves: 2
What do you do with cold leftover chicken breast? Well, there are many options, but re-heating almost always yields dry chicken. Throwing it on a salad with a bunch of veggies is also great but how about curry? Turmeric, a spice used in all curry mixes is anti-inflammatory and helps liver detoxification. This yellow-orange root add depth and flavor to any recipe!
With the addition of celery and apples, this chicken salad give a great crunch. Try adding nuts, dried currants or herbs for added flavor!
- 5 oz baby spring mix
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2-1onion, diced
- 4-5 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2-1 apple, diced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak your cashews in water before starting to chop away.
- Dice all vegetable and cube chicken breast and put in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- When you’re ready to make the dressing, strain out water from cashews.
- In a blender (a small blender like the Magic Bullet works better), process together cashews, lemon juice, curry powder, brown rice syrup and salt. Note: You can add a little bit of water if your blender gets stuck.
- Pour sauce over chopped vegetable and chicken and mix well.
- Serve over a bed of mixed baby greens!